Digital signage managed by the Ronald Tutor Campus Center serves as a visual communication medium to inform students, faculty, staff, and visitors about USC events and services. This service offers the opportunity for officially recognized campus organizations and university departments to publicize events or broadcast announcements that are of student interest or student-oriented in nature.
Announcements may not:
- Endorse a political issue or candidate.
- Promote or condone behavior that violates University policies and/or values, or local, state, or federal law.
- Encourage the sale or consumption of alcoholic beverages or of tobacco-related products.
- Include commercial advertisements for businesses, organizations, entities or individuals not associated with the University.
***Content that does not fulfill the requirements above will not be displayed.***
- Submitting organizations are responsible for design, production and timely submission of materials. All content must be submitted broadcast-ready in accordance with the following technical specifications:
- Digital graphic content must be in JPEG or PDF formats
- Digital videos must be 10 seconds or less in length. Note: there is no audio available on digital signage. The best format for digital videos is .WMV, .MP4, .AVI, or .FLV
- For best display on digital monitors, slides are 3200x1800 pixels (horizontal/landscape orientation)
- Recommended slide resolution is 72dpi.
- Slides are typically displayed for 10 seconds.
- Student Life units must adhere to Student Life graphic identity guidelines
- Digital signage requests should be made through the submission website at least seven (7) business days prior to the proposed start date. Content can run for up to two weeks. The Ronald Tutor Campus Center will make every effort to fulfill requests but provides no guarantee that digital materials submitted will be posted and reserves the right to limit or exclude submissions.