Make A Reservation (Outdoor)

***NOTE – As of September, 5, 2017:  To access Virtual EMS to reserve the below listed outdoor venues, you must have a user name and password. Please check here to sign up for Virtual EMS access. In the email, list your first and last name, name of student organization or department, email address and daytime phone number. For students, please provide your cell phone number. The subject line should read: “Request for Virtual EMS.”
Use Virtual EMS to reserve these locations: Associates Park, Bogardus Courtyard, Crocker Plaza, Pardee Plaza, PED steps (Meyer Plaza), Queen’s Courtyard and VKC Courtyard.
Below you will find links to the YouTube videos. Please take a moment to review them.
“How to Request Venues using USC’s Virtual EMS” (Note: E.F. Hutton Park can no longer be reserved through Virtual EMS. Please use the below form): 

“How to Cancel or Change a Venue Request Using USC’s Virtual EMS” (Note: E.F. Hutton Park can no longer be reserved through Virtual EMS. Please use the below form):

This form will allow you to request non-Virtual EMS locations as well as the Piazza, McClintock Lawn and The Great Lawn at the University Village. The form allows you to place a reservation request for outdoor venues over which Trojan Event Services has jurisdiction. An Outdoor Production Manager will be in contact with you regarding the status of your reservation request, cost, and paperwork details.

Reservation requests must be submitted AT LEAST 5 weeks in advance. This applies to all outdoor locations requested through Trojan Event Services. 

  • Non-university clients are not permitted to reserve outdoor venues during the academic year. During the summer, venue spaces are limited. Please speak with a Production Manager for permitted locations.
  • Student organizations cannot reserve outdoor spaces during Welcome Week.
  • If a student organization hosts an event during the summer, the primary contact must be a current USC student and member of the organization on the day of the event.
  • Please note that nothing (ie, tables, chairs, tents, etc.) can be placed in front of Tommy Trojan. The use of that space requires your set-up to be to the left or right of Tommy Trojan. NOTHING can be placed directly in front of the statue. Your approved diagram must comply with this policy. If your set-up violates this policy on the day of your event, you will be asked to adjust your set-up.
  • Food trucks are allowed on Trousdale (near VKC), McCarthy Quad and Pardee Plaza only. No exceptions.
  • Reservations are first-come, first-served. Refundable venue deposits are required for Tommy Trojan, McCarthy Quad, Alumni Park, and Founders Park. Additional deposits are required for events using amplified sound. Please be as specific as possible when entering your request details. If you have any questions while filling out this form please call us at 213-740-6728.
  • The outdoor spaces can not be used for consecutive, multi-day events.
  • Click here to view the University Village diagram: University Village

Note: **Effective July 1, 2018, please note the new venue and staffing rates for Trojan Event Services. All reservation requests received on or after July 1st will be charged the new rates.**

  • All student organization events require a TES Co-sponsorship Form to be completed as per Trojan Event Services policy. Please note the additional requirements of TES as included on the form.
McCarthy Quad
Amplified Sound Policy
In general, amplified sound is permitted in Hahn Plaza at Tommy Trojan from 12pm-1pm, Monday through Friday.

  • Large amplified sound events (bands, DJs, dances, performances, etc.) may request the use of amplified sound after 6pm-11pm on Fridays or 8am-11pm Saturday and Sunday.
  • Small amplified sound events (welcome speeches, lectures, announcements, etc.) will be accommodated on a case by case basis.
  • All amplified sounds events are booked at the discretion of the Trojan Event Services.
  • Amplified sound events may not disrupt previously scheduled events or academic classes.
  • No more than one amplified sound event may take place at one time.
  • Note: TES does not provide our stage, audio equipment or staffing for events at the University Village.
Fill out my online form.