- When can I start booking for my meetings and events?
- How can I make a reservation request prior to the first allowable booking date?
- What types of payment do you accept?
- When can I get my cleaning & damage deposit back?
- How do I cancel my reservation?
- Can I schedule a time to view a room at the Campus Center with a Production Manager?
- What is a Division 5 permit?
- Can I have elephants at my event?
- Are Classroom Scheduling and RTCC meeting rooms the same?
- What is the contact for Classroom Scheduling?
- How do I reserve a classroom (not in the RTCC building)?
- What is the amplified sound policy?
- Who are the University approved caterers?
- Where can I get tables and chairs for my event?
- Does Ground Zero Performance Café really have a secret menu?
- Can I bring my own table to Trousdale if they are all booked?
- Where can I smoke on campus?
- Where can I post my flyers and banners?
- What do I do if my meeting room in TCC is locked?
- I know it never rains in Los Angeles, but um, what if it rains and I have an event booked outdoors?
When can I start booking for my meetings and events?
Reservations are accepted according to the following time table:
- For FALL SEMESTER Meetings and Events
- Recognized Student Organizations can submit requests starting April 14, 2017
- University Departments can submit requests starting April 24, 2017
- Open Reservation Period begins May 8, 2017
- For SPRING SEMESTER Meetings and Events
- Recognized Student Organizations can submit requests starting April 14, 2018
- University Departments can submit requests starting October 1, 2018
- Open Reservation Period begins October 16, 2018
- For SUMMER SEMESTER Meetings and Events
- Recognized Student Organizations can submit requests starting February 1, 2018
- University Departments can submit requests starting February 16, 2018
- Open Reservation Period begins March 1, 2018
How can I make a reservation request prior to the first allowable booking date?
Annual Events can apply for Annual Event Early Booking Status via the Annual Event Early Booking Application available HERE. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis by a committee. Approved events will be allowed to request venues one year prior to their event date. Approval of an application does not guarantee venue availability. Applications are accepted based on the following criteria:
- History of the event
- Benefit to the USC Community
- Necessity for Early Planning
What types of payment do you accept?
We accept cash (for payments under $300), all major credit cards, internal requisitions, cashier’s checks and money orders. No personal checks.
When can I get my cleaning & damage (C&D) deposit back?
Your C&D is available for pick-up/refund three (3) business days after your event pending any cleaning & damages charges assessed. The production managers will make three (3) attempts via email to contact you to get your C&D back. After 30 days, your C&D is forfeited and will not be returned.
How do I cancel my reservation?
Cancellations for tables and advertising requests need to be made in writing at least two days before the event. For Bovard, Grand Ballroom, Ground Zero, Tommy’s Place, and Outdoor Events, all cancellations need to be made four weeks in advance. TCC Meeting Rooms must be cancelled two weeks in advance. Send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I schedule a time to view a room at the Campus Center with a Production Manager?
Yes you can! Please email Trojan Event Services at email@example.com with your availability to book a walk-through of the room you wish to view.
It is a permit you need to be filled out and turn in if your event contains at least one of the following:
• Open flame.
• Tents, canopies, or membrane structures with an area larger than 450 Sq Ft. More details as to how an event with such should be set up and the actual permit can be found HERE.
Sadly, no. We cannot approve elephants at events. A smaller petting zoo is a maybe, with proper health and safety permits, but don’t get your hopes up on anything bigger than a goat.
Are Classroom Scheduling and RTCC meeting rooms the same?
No, RTCC is managed by Trojan Event Services and Classroom Scheduling is managed by the Department of Classroom Scheduling. Trojan Event Services manages the meeting rooms in the Ronald Tutor Campus Center only.
What is the contact for Classroom Scheduling?
The Department of Classroom Scheduling can be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (213) 740-4612. Please note they do NOT have a physical office.
How do I reserve a classroom (not in the RTCC building)?
Please click here to complete your Classroom reservation request. Classroom Scheduling will follow-up with you regarding your request. Please do not contact Trojan Event Services as we do not manage classroom scheduling.
What is the amplified sound policy?
Monday- Friday amplified sound is allowed from 12-1pm in select outdoor venues. Amplified sound is allowed outside of these times all day Saturday and Sunday and Friday after 7pm. No two events can have amplified sound at the same time. For more information on amplified sound, please contact an Outdoor Production Manager.
Can I bring my own table to Trousdale if they are all booked?
No, you cannot set up your own table on Trousdale Parkway. You can however, be put on a waiting list for a table that was never picked up by an organization. To do so, visit the Campus Center Main Lobby in Sample Hall on the day you want the table and write your name on the list. If a group does not pick up the table by an hour after their reserved time, then the table is released to the people on the list.
You can request tables and chairs for your event through Facilities Management Services (FMS) – fill out exactly what you need on the FMS Checklist. The checklist can be found on our “Forms and Permits” page on this website or reached at email@example.com. Requests for tables and other services must be made at least two weeks in advance of your event date. You can also make a request from any approved event services vendor such as Classic Party Rentals, ELM, LA Party Rents or Town & Country.
Does Ground Zero Performance Café really have a secret menu?
It’s a secret.
Who are the University approved caterers?
USC does not have an exclusive catering contract with any one vendor. There are several entities on campus that can cater your event including USC Hospitality Services and the University Club. In addition to that, many outside food vendors are approved by the University for catering. To find out if your preferred caterer is approved please contact Purchasing Services at 213-740-2281. If you would like to request approval for a new food vendor please contact Erika Chesley in USC Hospitality Services at 213-740-5956 for details.
The university is committed to promoting a healthy, safe and comfortable environment for all students, faculty, staff and visitors. Smoking is prohibited in all indoor and outdoor facilities on university owned and leased property with no exception, including within vehicles parked on those properties. This includes all university owned and leased housing, dining, hotel, retail, athletic and performance facilities and all teaching, research, clinical and office space. In addition to university owned and operated student housing facilities, this policy also applies to any property occupied by any fraternity or sorority officially recognized by the university. For purposes of this policy, smoking is defined as inhaling, exhaling, burning, carrying or possessing any lighted cigarette, cigar, pipe, electronic cigarette, hookah or other lit product and including the use of any substance, including but not limited to tobacco, cloves or marijuana.
Refusal by faculty, staff or students to comply with this policy may result in appropriate disciplinary action. Visitors who refuse to comply will be asked to leave and could be subject to arrest for trespassing should they persist.
Flyers can only be posted on designated bulletin boards around campus, in classroom buildings, and residence halls. If flyers are found elsewhere, (such as on the windows of a building, statues, kiosks, brick, the ground, bike baskets, etc.), the organization responsible will be fined $1/ flyer.
Call 213-821-7822 and someone will assist you.
True, it never rains in Los Angeles. However, if you’re really worried about it, the best thing to do is book a backup indoor location well in advance of your event date. If you find it’s raining on a day you have a table or outdoor space booked, please come check in with the Trojan Event Services office. Every attempt will be made to move your event to an indoor space or to reschedule (pending availability of dates/times/locations). Please keep in mind, if the University, at its sole discretion, must cancel an event due to circumstances out of its control, including without limitation: weather, loss of power, fire, terrorism, casualty, labor strike, or other occurrence which renders the impossible the fulfillment of and terms of this Agreement, the Purchaser shall have no right or claim for damages against the University. The University is not obligated to refund rental or staffing charges nor to reschedule the event.